Fabulously refreshing for those hot summer days. Serves 4
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 packet ground almonds
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 dash of olive oil
- Purée watermelon in a food processor. Add almonds, vinegar, garlic and chilli. Blitz well.
- Mix onion, pepper, cucumber, tomato and coriander together.
- Set aside ½ cup (125ml) vegetable mixture to serve with gazpacho.
- Add remaining mixture to blender and purée until smooth.
- Season to taste and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavours to develop and for soup to chill.
- Serve in small, well chilled glasses with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of reserved vegetable mixture.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Pick n Pay is committed to promoting health and wellbeing among South Africans, and employs the services of a registered dietitian to provide food and nutrition-related advice to the public. For all your nutrition and health-related queries, email email@example.com or call 0800 11 22 88.