The Coca-Cola Company updates us on the decision to discontinue TaB and their latest product offerings.
Over the next two years, The Coca-Cola Company will retire select products, such as TaB, in various markets around the world. This move is part of a global portfolio refresh, prioritising category-leading brands with the greatest potential for scale. This portfolio refresh will allow the Company to invest in scaling brands and creating a portfolio of drinks that are positioned to capture growth in a fast-changing marketplace.
As part of this process, the Company plans to retire TaB globally; this includes South Africa. TaB broke new ground in 1963 when it was introduced as The Coca-Cola Company’s first-ever ‘diet’ soft drink. It became a cultural icon in the 1980s and maintained a small but loyal following over the last few decades, primarily among fans who grew up with the beloved brand.
For those consumers who prefer low calorie/low kilojoule, caffeine-free beverages, we continue to offer Coca-Cola No Sugar No Caffeine in South Africa.
For those consumers who prefer low calorie /low kilojoule, no sugar beverages, we have Coca-Cola No Sugar, Coca-Cola Light, Fanta No Sugar, Sprite No Sugar, Stoney Gingerbeer No Sugar and Schweppes Tonic No Sugar.
Facts about Coca-Cola products
- Coca-Cola Original Taste is the original full sugar, developed in 1886.
- Coca-Cola Original Taste Less Sugar contains 30% less sugar per 100ml compared to Coca-Cola Original Taste, and contains a blend of sugar and sucralose.
- Coca-Cola No Sugar is sweetened with a blend of aspartame and acesulfame potassium (or Ace-K). Together, they create a great taste without sugar and without calories. Coca-Cola No Sugar contains caffeine.
- Coca-Cola No Sugar No Caffeine is sweetened with a blend of aspartame and acesulfame potassium (or Ace-K). Enjoy Caffeine Free Coca-Cola Zero Sugar’s crisp, delicious taste with meals, on the go, or to share.
- Coca-Cola Light is sweetened with a blend of aspartame, acesulfame potassium (or Ace-K) and sucralose. Together, they create a great light taste without sugar and without calories. Coca-Cola Light contains caffeine.
- We have other “No-Sugar” brands within our portfolio. These include Fanta No Sugar, Sprite No Sugar, Stoney Gingerbeer No Sugar and Schweppes Tonic No Sugar.
We recommend that anyone with diabetes who has questions about their diet, contact their doctor.