A quick, nutritious and easy way to fill up! Serves 4
- ½ cup (125ml) brown lentils
- 3 PnP spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. (10ml) PnP garlic and ginger paste
- Juice (30ml) and zest of ½ lemon
- 300g PnP smoked snoek, flaked
- 2 Tbsp. (15ml) PnP curry powder
- Salt and milled pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- Canola oil, for frying
- 2 packets (600g) PnP Julienne Trio (shredded beetroot, carrot and butternut)
- 2-3 Cara or regular oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 small PnP red onion, finely sliced
- 1 packet (20g) PnP coriander, stems removed
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) canola oil
- 1 tub (175ml) PnP low-fat plain yoghurt, for serving
- Cook lentils in lightly salted water until just tender. Drain well and allow to cool slightly. Mash lentils roughly.
- Mix with spring onions, garlic and ginger paste, lemon juice and zest, smoked snoek, and curry powder, and season. Shape into fishcakes and dust in flour. Shallow-fry in oil until golden and heated through. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Toss slaw ingredients together and dress with lemon juice and oil. Season.
- Serve fishcakes with slaw and yoghurt.
Pick n Pay is committed to promoting health and wellbeing among South Africans, and employs the services of a registered dietitian to provide food and nutrition-related advice to the public. For all your nutrition and health-related queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 11 22 88.