Makes approximately 12 – 15 flapjacks
1 serving = 3 flapjacks with 1 tablespoon jam
This recipe is inspired by by dietician, Leanne Katzenellenbogen
- 1 cup low-GI oats
- 250 g low-fat chunky cottage cheese
- extra large egg
- 3 egg whites
- 4 sticks of Stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Olive oil cooking spray
- favourite sugar-free Thistlewood Jam
The Thistlewood range is available in all Dischem pharmacies, select Super Spars, Checkers Hypers, select Pick n Pay stores and The Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology.
- Put oats into a blender, or food processor and blitz to a grainy batter.
- Add remaining ingredients, and process into a batter. Leave to rest for about half an hour, at room temperature.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat. (Use a little non-stick olive oil cooking spray to help keep from sticking).
- Pour tablespoons per flapjack into pan & allow to cook until small bubbles form (about 4-5mins) then flip & allow to cook the same on the otherside.
- Serve with your favourite sugar-free Thistlewood jam (which is suitable for Type 1 diabetes).