Try this delicious Suganon Baked Blueberry Cheesecake recipe.
Suganon is a range of great tasting sugar alternatives to help you maintain a healthier lifestyle.
Range endorsed by:
• Diabetes SA
• GI Foundation
- 2 large eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup Suganon Xylitol granules
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 500g thick cream cheese
- 80ml Suganon Xylitol granules
- 10ml fine orange zest
- 80ml orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 250ml cream
- 50g blueberries, frozen
- Additional fresh blueberries or fresh strawberries to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius and grease a 20cm spring-form pan with butter.
- For the crust, beat the eggs then combine all the ingredients and mix well. Pour into the greased dish and press it evenly across the bottom then bake blind for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese and Suganon Xylitol until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly beat in the orange zest and juice then add the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Whip the cream then fold it into the mixture, followed by the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture onto the cooled base.
- Wrap the filled tin in tinfoil then place it into a roasting pan and pour in water until it comes halfway up the sides of the tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the filling is set but still has a slight wobble in the middle.
- Switch off the oven, open the door slightly and allow the pudding to cool in the oven for an hour. Remove and refrigerate until well chilled.
Popular sugar substitute in cooking and baking
Suganon is a product of: Adcock Ingram Limited. Reg. No. 1949/034385/06. Private Bag X69, Bryanston, 2021, South Africa. Tel. +27 11 635 0000