Makes approximately 8 mini cheesecakes
1 serving = 1 mini cheesecake with 1 teaspoon jam
This recipe is inspired by Everyday Diabetic Recipes
- 450g fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 170g of mixed berry low GI Thistlewood biscuits, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (give or take)
- Thistlewood Red Cherry “Sugar free” jam (no added sugar, sweetened with sorbitol)
The Thistlewood range is available in all Dischem pharmacies, select Super Spars, Checkers Hypers, select Pick n Pay stores and The Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology.
- Crush or lightly blitz your Thistlewood biscuits to form a crumb. Mix the crumbs and coconut oil together until combined. Add 2 loosely-packed tablespoons of crumb to the bottom of each mould or serving dish, and use your fingers or a spoon to pack it down firmly.
- In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese with a spoon until soft. Add dry instant pudding mix, yogurt, skim milk, and 1 teaspoon coconut extract. Mix well with a wire whisk. Spread mixture evenly onto the crumb. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, or until firmly set.
- Serve with a healthy teaspoon of Thistlewood Red Cherry “Sugar free” jam (no added sugar, sweetened with sorbitol).
You can use any one of our yummy Thistlewood no added sugar (sucrose) jams to tantalize your taste buds. Available in Strawberry, Apricot, Marmalade, Raspberry, Gooseberry & Cherry.