You wouldn’t eat 22 packs of sugar. So, why are you drinking them?
Why is it advisable to use high amounts of added sugar, and foods and drinks high in added sugar sparingly?
- A higher than recommended daily consumption of added sugar has shown to contribute to an increased energy intake that can cause weight gain.
- Weight gain puts us at risk for diabetes, heart disease and certain cancers.
Suganon offers healthy alternatives to help you living a healthier life with the Suganon Stevia and Suganon Xylitol offerings;
Stevia is a zero-calorie, plant-base sweetener of natural origin. Stevia has been used for hundreds of years and is well known as a source of natural sweeteners derived from extracts of the Stevia leaf.
The health benefits of using Suganon Stevia:
- Suganon Stevia is a great option to use in recipes, offering its touch of sweetness & adaptability in baking & cooking.
- Create great tasting food & beverage products with fewer kilojoules with Suganon Stevia.
- Stevia itself contains no carbohydrates, so it does not affect blood sugar or insulin levels, hence approved and endorsed by Diabetes South Africa and Glycaemic Index Foundation of South Africa as an often food.
Xylitol occur naturally in most plant material, including many fruit & vegetables. Xylitol is widely used as a sugar substitute for people with diabetes.
The benefits of using xylitol are:
- The use of xylitol-containing products can significantly reduce the rate of cavity formation in both adults & children
- Xylitol tastes sweet, but, unlike sugar, it is not converted in the mouth to acids that cause tooth decay.
- It also reduces levels of decay-causing bacteria in saliva and also acts against some bacteria that cause ear infection.
*Dog owner should know that Xylitol is toxic to dogs.
The Suganon natural sweetener range consists of: