Steamed fish and vegetables is a healthy low carb dish that is easy to make.
Cuisine: FAMILY FEASTS
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups of cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- 2 (approximately 120g each) hake/tilapia fillets, plain, not crumbed
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 6 cups (120g) baby spinach
- 1Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- Add water to a skillet, place it over high heat and bring it to a boil. Add tomatoes and chilli flakes. Set fish on top and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and set the spinach on top of the fish. Cover again and cook for another 2 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fish and vegetables to a plate. Turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and capers. Whisk with a fork.
- Divide spinach and tomatoes between plates. Top with fish and drizzle with olive oil dressing made in the previous step. Season with more sea salt and black pepper if you so desire.
- Serve warm.
- You can also use salmon fillets. Adjust poaching time depending on thickness of the fillet. Salmon is generally thicker than hake.
- Want it spicier? Double up on the chilli flakes.
- Kid-friendly suggestion: Kids may only want the fish. If so, serve with sweet potato (baked or fries) and steamed broccoli or gem squash.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving)
Energy 834kJ | Protein 24,6g | Carbs 4g | Fat 8,2g