Suganon is a range of great tasting sugar alternatives to help you maintain a healthier lifestyle.
Range endorsed by:
• Diabetes SA
• GI Foundation
- 300g whole uncooked quinoa (soaked in plenty of cold water overnight in the fridge)
- 60g chia seeds (soaked in ½ cup water until gel-like overnight, stirring a few times in the beginning)
- ½ cup water
- 60ml olive oil
- ½ t bicarbonate of soda
- ½ t Himalayan rock salt
- ½ T Suganon Xylitol
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius.
- Drain quinoa and rinse thoroughly.
- Place the quinoa into a food processor followed by chia gel, water, olive oil, bicarb soda, salt, Suganon Xylitol and lemon juice. Mix for 3 minutes.
- The batter should be fairly thick with some whole quinoa still left in the mix.
- Spoon mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours or until bread is firm to touch and bounces back when pressed with your fingers.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes in the tin, then remove it and cool completely before eating.
Popular sugar substitute in cooking and baking
Suganon is a product of: Adcock Ingram Limited. Reg. No. 1949/034385/06. Private Bag X69, Bryanston, 2021, South Africa. Tel. +27 11 635 0000