Low-Fat Custard is a delicious and creamy dessert that is lower in fat and calories than traditional custard.
Cuisine: SWEET INDULGENCE
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 heaped Tbsp. (45ml) custard powder
- 2 cups (500ml) low-fat milk
- 2 – 3 tsp. sweetener, depending on the type of sweetener used and how sweet you want your custard, optional
- Mix custard powder, sweetener and 50ml of the milk in a small bowl.
- Add remaining 450ml into a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave the milk on high for about 6 minutes depending on microwave strength.
- Add custard mix to the heated milk and stir thoroughly with a whisk.
- Microwave again and stir every 1 minute until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve hot or cold.
ONLY HAVE A STOVE TOP?
You can also cook it on the stove top if preferred; it will then have to heat until it starts to boil before adding in the custard mixture. Heat will then be reduced and can be cooked till desired thickness is reached. Stir throughout cooking.
- For a chocolate flavour, you can add cacao powder as well.
- Can also be served with stewed apple.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving)
Energy 386kJ | Protein 3g | Carbs 17g | Fat 1,5g