This Lentil and Quinoa Salad is a healthy salad that is perfect for a filling side dish at your next braai.
Cuisine: BRAAI TIME – HEALTHY SIDE DISHES
Cook Time: 10 – 15 minutes (excluding cooking time of quinoa)
- 1 can lentils
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 medium tomato, diced in cubes
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 cup (200g) cooked broccoli, chopped in smaller pieces
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Salt to taste
- Mix the above ingredients together.
- Flavour with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve cold.
*Balsamic vinegar and lemon juice can be used as a light dressing.
1 serving of this recipe will count as 1 starch portion so do not add additional starches to the meal. You can,however, add more vegetables or a green salad on the side.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving)
Energy 586kJ | Protein 7,4g | Carbs 19g | Fat 2g