Time: 45 minutes
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 24 (2 cups) fresh medium size strawberries, quartered
- 6 x Huletts EquiSweet Classic sachets
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 500ml water
- 500ml soda water
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 fresh lime, sliced
- Place the Huletts Equisweet, half of the fresh chopped strawberries and 500ml water into a pot on the stove and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and take the grated ginger and squeeze the juice into the pot. Discard the pith.
- Let the strawberry ginger cordial bubble for 10 minutes, stir in the lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and cool. Place in the fridge or freezer to speed up cooling time.
- Prepare a jug or pitcher with two cups crushed ice, fresh mint leaves, fresh lime and the remaining fresh strawberries.
- Muddle the ice and fresh ingredients together.
- Pour in the cooled cordial, top up with soda and serve.
Huletts EquiSweet Classic sachets are ideal for use in hot and cold beverages, cereals or porridge, and for sprinkling over fruit and yoghurt. 1 sachet of Huletts EquiSweet Classic is equivalent in sweetness to 2 teaspoons of sugar, yet contains only 16 kJ, compared to 2 level teaspoons of standard sugar (10g) which contains 170 kJ.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per glass)
Nutrients per serving: One serving of 310ml (one Willy glass) is equivalent to: ½ portion fruit. GI = 34 (low GI). GL per serving = 1.4.
|Per serving||105 KJ||0.5 g||4.1 g||0.2 g|