Serving: 20 x slices
Time: 1 ½ hours
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 250ml (1 cup) rolled oats (180g)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cake flour (70g)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 60ml (1/4cup) soft tubs margarine, light (57.5g)
- 10 Huletts EquiSweet Classic sachets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 185ml (3/4 cup) low-fat yoghurt/cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla essence
- 100g frozen berries (just over ½ cup or 125ml)
- 1 large peach or nectarine, thinly sliced
- Optional: extra grilled low-GI fruit for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line and grease a 20cm x 25cm baking tray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, EquiSweet and oats in a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla essence and melted margarine until well combined.
- Pour the whisked egg and yoghurt mixture into the well in the centre of the dry ingredients and mix into a batter.
- Spoon the batter into the greased baking tray, and smooth out into an even layer.
- Lay the berries and peach slices on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, garnish, slice and enjoy.
NOTES: Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Huletts EquiSweet Classic sachets are ideal for use in hot and cold beverages, cereals or porridge, and for sprinkling over fruit and yoghurt. 1 sachet of Huletts EquiSweet Classic is equivalent in sweetness to 2 teaspoons of sugar, yet contains only 16 kJ, compared to 2 level teaspoons of standard sugar (10g) which contains 170 kJ.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per slice)
Nutrients per serving: One Huletts Peach & Berry Breakfast Slice slice is equivalent to: 1/2 portion starch and ½ portion fat. GL per serving = 7. GI (calculated) = 54 (low-GI, if a bit of extra low-GI fruit like berries or peach is used for garnishing).
|Per serving||288 kJ||2.3 g||7.8 g||2.8 g||0.8 g|