Gummy Vites is here to help you reduce your child’s exposure to artificial and added sugars through not only foods and drinks, but vitamins as well.
Alternatives to artificially sweetened treats
Trying to get your kids to eat their fruit and veggies can be a full-time job. But, it doesn’t have to be. You just need to get creative. There are so many alternatives to artificially sweetened treats like carrot cake naturally sweetened with pineapple and carrots, or pumpkin and butternut blondies.
We, at Gummy Vites, understand the struggle so here are our alternatives to artificially or added sugar sweet treats for kids. You can use fruit, some naturally sweeter veggies (carrots, pumpkin, butternut), fruit juice or dried fruits to sweeten treats for your children. Make sure to use 100% fruit juice and check that the juice doesn’t have any added sugars.
Babies and toddlers are generally happy with a subtler sweet flavour, so fruit or veggies would be suitable for creating sweet treats for them.2
Healthy ice cream
Try our healthy ice cream made by using frozen bananas and cream or coconut cream as the base.
You will need:
- Frozen bananas (2 large)
- Cream (250ml) or coconut cream (1 can)
- High-powered blender
- Plastic container
- Ice-cream scoop
You can always make plain banana flavoured ice cream, but to keep things interesting we suggest trying one of our flavour combinations as the banana flavour can easily be disguised. Here are our different flavours to try:
- Cocoa (2 Tbsp) and vanilla essence (1 tsp)
- Blueberries (½ cup) and cinnamon (1 tsp)
- Peanut butter (2 Tbsp)
- Mango (1/2 cup) and desiccated coconut (1 Tbsp)
1. Cut, peel and freeze your bananas.
2. Blend the frozen bananas.
3. Add in your chosen flavour (cocoa, berries, peanut butter or mango).
4. If it’s too thick, add a dash of cream or coconut cream. This will add some extra sweetness as well.
5. Store in the freezer in a plastic container until you are ready to serve.
6. Serve it with a sprinkle of your chosen flavour (cocoa, berries, peanut butter, or mango and desiccated coconut) on top.
- Gummy Vites Select Sugar Free Multivitamin Professional Information.
- A Whiteford, Fruit Sweetened Treats for Kids, 29 September 2021
Adcock Ingram Healthcare (Pty) Ltd. Reg. no. 2007/019928/07. Private Bag X69, Bryanston, 2021, 1 New Road, Erand Gardens, Midrand. www.adcock.com
Customer Care: 0860ADCOCK/232625