- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Original FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats®
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 180 ml low fat milk
- 1 Egg
- 100 gram chopped ham (can be changed to bacon, smoked salmon etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. Robinsons Veggie Seasoning.
- Chunky Cottage Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC. Then combine the flour and FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® with the baking powder and salt.
- Then add in the butter and mix it into the flour mixture using your hands. You should end up with a slightly more crumbly, but still floury consistency.
- Next whisk the egg and combine it with your milk. Then gradually mix this in with your butter and flour mixture using a flat bladed knife or a pastry blender. Make sure not to over work your dough. Mix in your Chopped Ham and Veggie Seasoning.
- Scoop dough into a muffin tray. Scoop 1 tsp of Cottage Cheese into a little well made with your finger into each muffin. Sprinkle with Veggie Seasoning.
- Brush the top with a bit of milk with a pastry brush, pop them into the oven and leave them to bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.