- 200ml (4/5 cup) FUTURELIFE®HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™
- 250ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 20ml (4 tsp) baking powder
- 15ml (1 Tbsp.) sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml (4 Tbsp.) butter/margarine/coconut oil
- 250ml (1 cup) low fat milk
- 1 tsp of low sugar low salt peanut butter for each muffin’s centre
*Optional: Grate 1 cup carrot or apples and a few Tbsp. of seeds to the wet ingredients.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg. Add the butter/margarine/coconut oil and milk to the beaten egg and whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient and fold together until just combined.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into greased muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter into each centre of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Freeze in an airtight bag or enjoy fresh.
* Make a batch and freeze. To defrost leave to thaw at room temperature.