If you have recently been diagnosed with diabetes or if you have had it for the majority of your life, a healthy balanced diet is always important. As they say: everything in moderation! Fresh fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, whole grain cereals, and high quality protein are key components of a balanced diet for any individual. This delicious baby marrow soup owes its creaminess and protein punch to Fabulite and a sneaky egg yolk!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped baby marrow
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 cups Fabulite plain yoghurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- A handful of parsley, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat and sauté onion for about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped baby marrow, stir and cover the pot with a lid. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add ½ cup of hot water, stir and cover the pot. Let it cook over medium low heat until baby marrow is tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolk and Fabuliteyoghurt in a large bowl well. Add flour and mix until combined.
- Very slowly pour the remaining hot water into the yoghurt mixture so that it does not curdle.
- Once the baby marrow has absorbed the water, pour the yoghurt mixture gradually into the pot while stirring.
- Toss in the chopped parsley and cook until it boils, stirring occasionally.
- Puree either with a food processor or a blender and let it boil in the pot for another 5 minutes.