Eucerin® UreaRepair PLUS provides immediate relief and 48 hours of protection for the family.
Urea is the gold standard in the treatment of dry skin conditions. Eucerin® UreaRepair PLUS offers a comprehensive and clinically proven range to treat dry skin.
Suffering from dry skin is not only uncomfortable, itchy and sore, but the effects go beyond the physical symptoms, often leaving people feeling frustrated, helpless, emotionally drained and tired from lack of sleep.
Dermatologist-recommended Eucerin® provides a comprehensive and effective solution for people suffering from extremely dry skin. The Eucerin® UreaRepair PLUS complete range of cleansers, moisturisers and acute care products contain Urea which, according to research and a published paper, is the best active ingredient for the treatment of dry skin.**
The Eucerin® UreaRepair PLUS offers the immediate and long-lasting relief of dry skin signs, like roughness, scaliness and flakiness, providing moisture and strengthening the skin barrier. This makes skin more resilient and impedes the recurrence of dry skin.
Why skin becomes dry
Dry skin can be caused by internal factors, such as a genetic predisposition, hormonal influences, biological skin ageing, as well as diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, diabetes or ichthyosis.
External causes can include heat, cold or humidity; UV-induced skin ageing; frequent washing; insufficient fluid intake and extreme medical treatments such as radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or dialysis.
Balancing skin and soul
The skin we live in is our natural protective sheath with a complete balance of water, fat and moisture binding substances, protecting us from weather and dryness. If this substance relation is disrupted, the skin becomes rough, scaly, red, itchy and sensitive. Extremely dry skin needs care that balances both lipids and moisture as these strengthen the skin’s resilience.
The formulation combines the following active ingredients:
To BIND moisture into skin
- Urea is significantly reduced in dry skin, so the supplementation of Urea actively improves the moisture binding capacity of skin and replenishes its moisture deficit. Urea is established in dermatology as the “gold standard” in the treatment of dry and very dry skin.
- A Natural Moisturising Function Complex (NMF-complex) made up of Urea, Amino Acids, Lactate and PCA, ensures a balanced moisture level, thus supporting the barrier function of the skin. Supplementing the NMF-complex promotes skin regeneration and Filaggrin breakdown.
- Filaggrin is a type of protein found in the skin that is formed during the process of keratinisation (when cells move to the horny layer). A mutation of the filaggrin gene can interfere with the skin’s ability to act as a barrier. When this happens, water is lost from the skin and bacteria and other substances can enter, possibly leading to allergies, irritation and infection.
To LOCK moisture into skin
- Ceramide 3 assists with barrier repair and reduces moisture loss.
Improves MOISTURE DISTRIBUTION in the skin
- Gluco-Glycerol activates the skin’s natural moisturising network (Aquaporins), ensuring moisturisation in the deeper epidermal layers.
Noticeable improvements can be seen even after six days of application. Those who suffer from dry skin can finally feel comfortable in their own skin.
*Eucerin clinical studies incl. measurements and self-evaluation, Winter 2015; Lotions: PIU 2012
**“Diagnosis and treatment of xerosis cutis – a position paper” German Society of Dermatology (JDDG) in November 2019, the original German version appeared in 2018.
The Eucerin® UreaRepair PLUS products are available in-store and online from Clicks, Dis-Chem, Takealot and Foschini.