Introducing Truvia® Sweeteners, a new sugar alternative. Sweeten, bake and measure cup-for-cup like sugar. Truvia® is a plant-based stevia sweetener that you can use like sugar in all your favourite recipes with fewer kilojoules than sugar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 25 ml Truvia® Low-Kilojoule Spoonable Jar Sweetener
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ¾ cups (420 ml) skim milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Truvia® Low-Kilojoule Spoonable Jar Sweetener
baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and egg.
- Whisk together until smooth then set the batter aside and allow to rest.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over low-medium heat. Pour or scoop batter into the pan using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake.
- When the bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle your warm pancakes with a pinch of Truvia® Low-Kilojoule Spoonable Jar Sweetener and ground cinnamon, then drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
Serving size: 8 servings
1 pancake = (107 g)
|Per serving||966 KJ||7 g||34 g||8 g|