Double up, as this salad tastes even better the following day. Serves 4 – 6
- 2 (about 300g) PnP chicken breast fillets
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ can (200g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ can (200g) PnP lentils, drained and rinsed
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 6 PnP spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) PnP flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) PnP mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp. (5ml) PnP ground coriander
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Juice (60ml) and zest of 1 large lemon
- Butterfly chicken breasts and brush with 4 tsp. (20ml) olive oil. Season.
- Heat a griddle pan and fry chicken until slightly charred and cooked through. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the legumes to remove excess sodium.
- Toss chickpeas, lentils, vegetables and herbs together and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Whisk remaining oil, spices, lemon juice and zest together.
- Toss dressing through chickpea and lentil mixture.
- Serve at room temperature with chicken.
Pick n Pay is committed to promoting health and wellbeing among South Africans, and employs the services of a registered dietitian to provide food and nutrition-related advice to the public. For all your nutrition and health-related queries, email [email protected] or call 0800 11 22 88.