We learn more about how Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution can help with fungal infection and nail psoriasis.
What is fungal infection and nail psoriasis?
Fungal infection and nail psoriasis are characterised by thickening, splitting, pitting and discolouration of the nail.2,3 These conditions may affect toenails or fingernails, but fungal toenail infections are notably more common, whereas psoriasis is more prominent in fingernails.3,4
Fungal infections are often linked to wearing closed shoes, walking barefoot in bathrooms or showers where the fungi thrive. It’s also seen more often in people suffering from diabetes or compromised immunity, while others are prone to fungal infection genetically.5,6
Fungal nail infection affects the finger and toenails of 2-14% of the adult Western population. It can also affect children and up to 50% of people over 70 years of age.5,7
The untreated fungal infection may cause great discomfort and even pain, preventing general activities and work-related tasks, such as prolonged standing, writing, or typing. It may even be the cause of falls in the elderly.4,5,7
The solution: Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution
Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution is clinically proven to effectively treat the nail fungus and nail psoriasis and improve the nail appearance even after one week of regular application.1
Used to treat discoloured and deformed nails resulting from fungal infection or psoriasis, Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution applied to the infected nail once a day for eight weeks, improves nail thickening, discolouration, brittleness, and softness, with noticeable results after the first week of regular treatment.8
Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution is currently available at selected Clicks stores and leading pharmacies across South Africa.
- BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Solution Instructions for Use, December 2018.
- Akhtar N, Sharma H, Pathak K. Onychomycosis: Potential of Nail Lacquers in Transungual Delivery of Antifungals. Scientifica 2016; ArticleID:1387936, 12 pages.
- Dogra A, Arora AK. Nail Psoriasis: The Journey So Far. Indian J Dermatol.2014;59(4):319–33.
- Elewski BE. Onychomycosis: Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management. Clinical Microbiology Reviews1998; 11(3):
- Rosen T. Concepts in Onychomycosis Treatment and Recurrence Prevention: An Update. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 2016; 35(3S):S56-S59.
- Muth CC. Fungal Nail Infection. JAMA2017; 317(5):546.
- Hultenby K, et al. The Effect of K101 Nail Solution on Trichophyton rubrum and Candida albicans growth and ultrastructure. Mycoses 2014; 57:630-638.
- Piraccini BM, Starace M, Toft A. Early Visible Improvements during K101-03 Treatment: An Open-Label Multicenter Clinical Investigation in Patients with Onychomycosis and/or Nail Psoriasis. Dermatology 2017; 233:178-183.
Header image by FreePik