By Noy Pullen (Agents For Change)
- 1 or 2 raw beetroots (depending on size)
- 1 onion
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds or ½ tsp fenugreek
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds or powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- l leek or 4 baby leeks carefully washed
- Soft goat cheese or feta
- Cut the beetroots, onion and garlic cloves into thin slices.
- Cut the leek into rings of about 1cm.
- Fry the onions, seeds and garlic till they start to pop.
- Add beetroot slices, fry for a few minutes, turn beetroot before adding the leek rings.
- Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes until the beetroot is done.
- Sprinkle with crumbled cheese, allowing the whiteness to contrast with the beetroot
- Serve with Kitchari, baked potato wedges or quinoa.