Greetings to all Diabetes SA’s members and friends,
Welcome to the 2019 winter issue of Diabetes Focus. I hope you are all doing well and keeping warm this winter. Remember not to use hot water bottles, or toast your feet in front of the fire if you have diabetes. Rather wear a thick pair of socks.
We have some great articles for you in this issue of Diabetes Focus: What are the best sweeteners for people living with diabetes? Energy drinks – are they safe? What you need to know about the keto diet, and so much more.
Of course, the 2019 winter issue would not be complete without a new Parmalat recipe for soup which is a winter staple for most of us.
In case you have not heard about our new membership with benefits. I would encourage you to go to our Membership page and join. The benefits include:
- A free 60-page booklet with important diabetes info and recipes,
- A free pair of Mohair and Bamboo Medi Socks made by Cape Mohair, specifically for people living with diabetes.
- 20% discount on any further pairs from your nearest Diabetes SA branch.
- A free eye screening at Spec Savers throughout South Africa.
- 15% discount on URS-1K ketone Strips from Pick ‘n Pay Pharmacies.
- Regular newsletters with specials.
- Product samples
- And much more to come.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our Diabetes SA membership family.
Yours in Health
National Manager – Diabetes South Africa